Our MissionThe Community Center of Needham's (CCN) mission is to bring together individuals and organizations to promote the health and well-being of the entire Needham community through recreational, social, educational, cultural and community activities.
Our First Priority
Rosemary Pool is 30 years beyond its intended lifespan and attached to a lake, making it difficult to maintain. This leaves Needham residents, young, old and in between looking for other options that are better suited to meet their needs.
In 2001, Needham allocated money to study the feasibility of a new pool at the site, but only now when the community has shown a strong interest, is this study taking place. With the alignment of these events, CCN has made a new pool its top priority.
Our Vision for a New Pool
- A year-round swimming facility that is accessible and affordable to all residents
- A pool that will encourage residents to "Swim Needham" and offer an alternative to the expensive private pool memberships offered in neighboring towns
- A facility suitable for our school and town's swim teams so they do not have to practice and compete out of town
- A facility where residents of all ages can learn to swim and enjoy recreational and refreshing water fun
- A year-round gathering place for members of our community